Today I'm going to post something which is straight Mrs. Varsha Bathija's cook book.
This recipe is loved by every person who has tasted it so far. Believe me, you're going to start drooling in the next few moments!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Level of difficulty: Medium
First of all, I'll list down all the vegetables that would be required for this recipe:
- Green Bell Pepper/ Capsicum; finely sliced
- Red Bell Pepper (Optional)
- Yellow Bell Pepper (Optional)
- 4-5 Spring Onions with leaves; diced finely
- 100 gms Red Cabbage; finely chopped
- 500 gms Borges Tri-color Fusilli Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Schezwan Chutney
- 2 Tablespoons Green Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chilli Sauce
- 250 gms Chicken; boiled & shredded (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Green Olives
- Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Parmesan Cheese/ Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt as per taste
- This recipe can be turned to pure veg, if the chicken pieces are subtracted from it.
- Any shape of Pasta can be used; such as Farfalline, Elbow Macaroni, Penne, Penne Rigate, Spaghetti, Etc.
- Boil water in a large cooking vessel, add a little salt and a teaspoon of butter to it. Cover it with a lid, so that it boils faster.
- Add the pasta to the boiled water and let it cook for approximately 5-7 minutes. Check when the Pasta starts turning soft. Do not over-boil it.
- Drain the boiled water from the Pasta and keep it aside for a while.
- In a large non-stick vessel, add little butter and saute all the three kinds of Bell Peppers for a minute.
- Then add the Cabbage and Spring Onions and saute all these vegetables until they seem slightly soft. Do not over cook them. The texture should be a little crunchy.
- Add Schezwan Chutney, Red Chilli Sauce, and Green Chilli Sauce and mix it well with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle Oregano and Chilli Flakes for seasoning.
- Add Salt, if required.
- Add the chicken pieces and coat them properly with the sauce. (Skip this step if you are making Veg Pasta)
- Finally add Mayonnaise to the mixture and cook on a low flame, stirring it continuously for 1 minute.
- Then add the Pasta to this mixture, and carefully mix both of them such that the pasta doesn't break.
- Sprinkle a few Green Olives and the finely chopped Onion leaves.
- Cover the pasta with a lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes on a low flame.
- While the Pasta is getting done, grate some cheese.
- Once the texture appears to be cooked, serve small portions in a plate and sprinkle grated cheese and coriander leaves on it.
- Microwave the pasta for a minute, which you served in plates so that the cheese gets melted and tastes creamier.
- Serve hot and fresh.
I hope you like this recipe.
Recipe source: www.thehungrycancerian.com
Image source: Instagram - @the_mumbaigirl